When: Thursday, 16 June 2017 Where: Swindon College
When: Monday, 26 June 2017 Where: Wiltshire College Chippenham
This Teach Too Development Project is funded nationally by the Education Training Foundation and the project is in its third stage with an emphasis on collaboration. The free STEM Masterclasses being held across the South East and South West provider networks will provide opportunities for STEM employers and education practitioners to discuss how the STEM curriculum can be enhanced and further developed to meet local skills gaps and needs, how it can inform curriculum planning, encourage collaboration and ultimately benefit learners to ensure we have the skills for future employment needs.
Participants should be:
– STEM employers’ staff interested in being involved in ensuring that the STEM curriculum is fit for local skills needs
– Training provider / school / college tutors with responsibility for STEM curriculum delivery / planning
What is the aim of the masterclasses?
The aim of the masterclasses is to:
– Develop strategies for collaboration between education and the world of work in order to support an enhanced curriculum offer that is fit for purpose and meets local skills need
– Informing employers about how curriculum is designed and how their input can support improvement / enhancement
– Ensuring training provider practitioners and schools have an improved understanding of what employers require from the curriculum and how it supports the employability skills needed in the STEM sector
– For training providers and schools to understand the range of opportunities available when discussing STEM as an education / career choice
– Identify opportunities for job shadowing
If you require further information, please contact Julia Falaki at GWP, e: firstname.lastname@example.org, t: 07732 691769