Serving, Veterans and Reservists
Higher Futures offers a comprehensive skills service to the military community. With the largest concentration of Army resources in the country, Wiltshire and Swindon is fortunate to have a wealth of highly skilled and resilient people to boost our employment talent pool.
Our specialist consultants offer:
- Support for spouses, reservists and veterans in accessing a university level education
- Support for reservists to further develop their military skills into civilian recognised qualifications to enhance their employment prospects
- Access to work experience placements in a variety of sectors across the region
- Local, flexibly delivered university level courses through our network of UK wide universities and colleges
- You can keep your training costs down by using the accreditation of any prior learning
- An end to end brokerage service providing access to bespoke higher level education designed to meet specific needs
- A range of offers for military personnel and their families including information on local job vacancies
- Advice on potential sources of funding to benefit all members of the military community. You may also want to use your learning credits
- We work closely with a range of charities and military organisations
Meet your military specialist – Amanda Peach, Employer Skills Brokerage Officer
With a wealth of knowledge, Amanda’s ‘Women’s Royal Naval Service’ experience and a commercial business background including with Vodafone, she’s best placed as first contact for our military community. Amanda DipCG has a PTLLS teaching qualification and really understands the opportunities and sometimes the challenges faced by the military community.
Contact Amanda Peach on
01225 771654 or email Amanda.Peach@swlep.co.uk
Spouses and Partners
We understand that sometimes it can be challenging to pursue your own career path whilst supporting your military partner, or looking after children within the family home. Higher Futures offers bespoke training support tailored to meet this specific challenge.
Events for the Military Community
The partners we work with sometimes run opportunity, career and employment events we feel help the military community based in Swindon and Wiltshire, enabling individuals to reach their full potential and to achieve their career goals in life. When we receive updates about these type of events we will share them with you here.
Would you like to get a university level qualification, getting ready to return to work or wanting to change or further your career? Contact us
Amanda is helping me to sort out my CV, and kickstart my job search. She is amazingly focussed and very positive. The company she works for, Higher Futures, is based in Wiltshire and Amanda has a particular remit to help the Forces. She understands us, having served herself.
Higher Futures work with: